Pilates is now available in small group sessions at Fairford Community Centre (next to the church)
Classes are run on a weekly basis in The Keble Room on the following sessions:
- Monday 3.45pm and 4.45pm
- Tuesday 6.30pm
Classes are no longer run in block or seasonal sessions to give users more flexibility on attending and to help keep it affordable for everyone.
There are 2 simple ways you can come along and enjoy your Pilates sessions in Fairford:
- If you have Pilates experience or have attended an Induction or 1-1 class you can drop into any of the above classes for £10 per session.Or
- Set up a Direct Debit/Standing order for £30 per month. This is payable at the beginning of each month and works out cheaper than the adhoc rate of £10 per class. You can also make up any missed classes by attending another class.
A few things to bear in mind if you would like to join a class….
- If you are coming on an adhoc basis try to bring your own mat to ensure you will have one or let me know so I can save you one. I supply a maximum of 10 mats and equipment.
- If you would like to begin coming to any of the classes, please email me to check availability and to give details of whether you have had any Pilates experience before.
- Payment can be made directly by cash/card at Fairford Therapy Centre (next to 7a coffee shop) Or you can pay over the phone by calling the clinic directly on 01285 711177 Or you can pay via PayPal firstname.lastname@example.org Or bring payment along to the class Or send me a WhatsApp on 07894709044 for my Bank details to set up a Direct Debit/Standing Order
- My aim is to keep classes small and tailored to ensure that you get the maximum attention and benefit from the sessions.
- I also like to know a little bit about any individuals joining to ensure you are doing the correct exercises specific to you and any current or previous injuries that you may have had so drop me a line and I can send you a basic form.
**Please note there will be NO PILATES on the following dates:
* Monday 23rd December 2019 * Tuesday 24th December 2019 * Monday 30th December 2019 * Tuesday 31st December 2019 *
* Monday 6th January 2020 * Tuesday 7th January 2020 *
A little bit about Pilates
You may have been advised to do Pilates via your GP, Physiotherapist, Osteopath or Chiropractor as the benefits of this form of exercise is being recognised by many Healthcare Practitioners.
What are the benefits of Pilates?
- Improves strength, flexibility and balance
- Tones and builds long, lean muscles
- Improves core strength and stability
- Engages the mind and enhances body awareness
- Reduces stress, relieves tension, boosts energy
- No impact – Easy on the joints
- Improves circulation
- Corrects muscle imbalances
- Improves the way your body looks and feels
- Improves performance in Sports
- Suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- Complements Massage, Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Chiropractic and other therapies
A little bit about your instructor
Shelley is also a qualified Osteopath (M.Ost) and is offering £10 off any initial Osteopathic treatment to all Pilates subscribers (Usual price £60). This is a 1 hour session that can be used as an Osteopathic assessment and treatment, or a Pilates 1-1 session (or a combination of both of these!) This session will give you an insight into any injuries that you may have and can highlight which Pilates exercises would be more beneficial and specific to you. It will also maximise any Pilates sessions that you have to ensure that you get the most out of each session. This can be booked directly via Shelley by emailing email@example.com Or call Fairford Therapy Centre on 01285 711177
A private session allows the instructor to focus on your individual needs by developing a programme shaped purely for you. It is advisable that all clients have a private session at some point to allow an understanding of how Pilates works best for your individual body. It also enables any sessions to be more personal to your requirements.
One to one sessions also help with understanding the basic principles involved in Pilates. This helps to give a greater knowledge of how your individual body works and can improve your overall confidence enabling you to join one of the small group sessions should you wish to do so.
Usual Price for Private Sessions – £60 (1hr session) £45 (45 minute session)
Click Here For Your Therapist:- Shelley Welsh
Shelley is trained in the Stott Pilates method which is often called the Professionals choice in Pilates. For more information on Stott Pilates visit www.stottpilates.com