Initial Consulation and Treatment with your Osteopath
Your initial treatment and consultation will take an hour and will involve questions involving your general health as well as any previous injuries or illnesses. An analysis of posture and movements are also done as part of the consultation to help build a picture of the presenting condition. All of these things together help your Osteopath to come to a diagnosis of your condition and discuss any treatment that may be involved.
Osteopathic Training and Regulation
- All Osteopaths undergo training of at least 4 years and are required to be registered with the General Osteopathic Council.
- Training includes medical sciences of anatomy, physiology, pathology paediatrics, gynaecology and pharmacology.
- This enables osteopaths to make a diagnosis of the presenting condition, and to construct an appropriate course of treatment.
- The number of treatments varies depending on the condition, an acute injury may only require 2 or 3 treatments, a chronic injury may require more.
Osteopathy can help with conditions such as:
- Acute back pain
- Chronic low back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
- Tension and migraine headaches
- Tendonitis (achilles, golfer’s and tennis elbow)
Consultation and treatment costs
Initial Consultation – £60
Follow-up treatment – £45
Most private insurance companies will pay all or part of your osteopathic treatment and a referral from your GP is not always needed.